Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Year to Remember

With the turn of the year upon us, I cannot help but give all glory and thanks to God for such an incredible 2009.  It's unbelievable to me that about a year ago to date I was in the hospital with frightening complications with my pregnancy.  Four weeks of bed rest later I experienced one of the most emotionally-driven times in my life with Thomas in the NICU.  While we received excellent medical care, a 9-day stay in the hospital with a newborn was not ideal.  But 10 1/2 months later (since his birth), I chuckle quietly to myself that the primary problem keeping us at Provena was our son struggling to eat...my, how things have changed!  He's gone from a feeding tube to feeding himself all kinds of veggies, fruits, a little meat, graham crackers, Cheerios, and drinking water from a sippy cup like such a big boy.  He's crawling everywhere, spends his days exploring, reading, singing, playing, laughing, eating, and getting lavished with attention from his number one fan.

In many ways, I almost cannot remember life before having a family.  I am overwhelmed with thanksgiving to God for his miraculous gift and humbled by my calling to marriage and motherhood.  I'm in love with the most incredible man I have ever known and seem to fall more deeply in love with him daily.  Drake, it is because of your selflessness and sacrificing that I am able to be a stay at home mom and experience the beautiful gift of family.  I love you and thank God for you.

Enjoy a little photo tour of the Steed family in 2009!


5lbs 13oz 19in...and 6 weeks early!


Celebrating Irish heritage


All dressed up for Easter Sunday...and oh so sleepy.


Baptized!


Loungin'




Meeting new baby friends!


Mmm...solid food!


Mommy and Thomas swim lessons


Crunchy leaves


Playing guitar with Daddy


Family photo taken on a Thanksgiving trip to Dallas

Wishing you a most blessed 2010!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! I was getting teary-eyed! I remember you on bedrest, and I remember calling you to see how you were, and Thomas was already here! What a great mother you are to him- he is lucky! And, what a wonderful friend I have in you. Can you believe its been 7 years since we met?

    Here's to a fun-filled 2010!

    ReplyDelete