Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold Weather Challenges

I woke up this morning to head to the gym as per my usual routine, impressed that I was able to pry myself away from an incredibly warm and comfortable bed.  After getting ready, I headed outside.  That's when I regretted my decision to get up.  As I exercised on the eliptical I soon learned that it was -2 degrees outside with winds blowing at 15 mph.  Ick.

Now, to be clear, I have typically been a fan of the cooler weather.  But now that I'm out and about with a 10 month old, my views on the weather have taken a drastic turn.  Oh spring, when will you return to us?

The reasons for my change in perspective are as follows:
1. Thomas hates getting bundled up.  Just ask Drake.  Or Auntie Steph.  Oh, and he hates mittens too.  I'm hoping to work some magic with my sewing machine to concoct something effective for those cushy little hands.
2. What does he hate even more?  Getting put in the car seat bundled up.  Forget about it.  Running errands/getting in and out of the car for anything is a real picnic.
3. Our parking lot is a death trap, and daily I wish our landlords would make salting a priority.
4. This freezing cold makes me long for a garage.  Scraping the car is already getting old...and it's only January!  Hopefully it will make me appreciate even more the luxuries of a garage some day.

Wish me luck in tonight's sewing adventure!

2 comments:

  1. First off, good for you for going to the gym! Secondly, I also hate going out in the cold with Brayden. Third, you will TOTALLY appreciate a garage one day, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "NOT THE COAT!!! NOT THE COAT!!!" -T

    ReplyDelete