Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a good deal

I called Comcast today with the intention of canceling our cable.  We SO seldom watch TV that we didn't think it worth it to continue to pay for it.  We were paying around $56 for cable and Internet and would need to pay nearly $70 for Internet alone if we canceled the other service.  But that all changed when sweet Comcast customer service rep, Iris, told me about a deal that would allow us to pay $36.96 per month for the next six months for cable and Internet combined.

Why?

Comcast didn't want to lose us as valued customers.  Despite the fact that they express this exact same sentiment to every single customer who calls with the intention of canceling a service, I didn't care.  I simply agreed to the arrangement in a spirit of joy.  I do love a good deal.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love that? I had been telling Jerry for months and months to call Comcast and see if he could get a better deal on our cable/phone/internet. He kept putting it off and putting it off. I would have done it, but for some reason they won't let me make changes on the account even though I'm his wife. One day I dialed the phone and handed it to him. They dropped out bill by over $100!

    ReplyDelete