Monday, July 12, 2010

a little thomas vocab update

I'm finding the toddler stage with Thomas to be both incredibly challenging and insanely adorable all wrapped into one sweet, limit-testing, endlessly active, into-everything package.  Sometimes my limits are tested to a near breaking point, and 5 seconds later I'm convinced God has never created a more adorable child.  But all the while I'm in awe of him - I can't seem to help it.

Lately Thomas' vocabulary has been exploding - seems that there's at least one new word or sound he's able to say with each passing day.  Here's a running list:
  • Truck (if you've spent more than 2 minutes with Thomas in the last month, I'm fairly confident you've been told this word two dozen times at minimum).
  • Jesus
  • Priest
  • Cracker
  • Door
  • Tree
  • Kiss 
  • Daddy (ahem...)
  • Cheese
  • Keys
  • Please
  • Thank you
  • Fish
  • Doggie
  • Juice (he's never actually had juice yet, but it's what we call Pedialyte thanks to several recent stomach viruses he's had)
  • Ball
  • Animal sounds - moo, hiss, bzzzz, roar, and, if we're lucky, buzzing his lips with his arm in the air for an elephant
Sorry that I don't have some recent photos to include in this post - we've been so busy lately, and I haven't taken time with the camera.  I'll get a picture post up here soon!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear all this in person oh-so-soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete