Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Feast Day!

Our family had quite a lovely Feast of St. Joseph day...lots of small little things made for one big celebration of sorts.  Drake worked 9-5 today (instead of the more typical 11-8 or 10-7 shifts that he usually has), so that started things off well.  Thomas and I discovered a new park in town, though I'm doubtful we'll go back...not the most friendly for 13 month olds.  Thomas enjoyed grapes, graham cracker, and water when we returned home - I'm convinced this kid could out-eat me in a grape eating contest any day of the week.  It's pretty impressive actually.  The doctor called me with some excellent news about some testing I recently had this week, much to my relief!  Thomas then took a nearly 2 hour afternoon nap, and I prepared food and supplies for our family cookout at the park this evening...we grilled out and played at our second park of the day, followed by a trip to our favorite ice cream place in town.  Delish.

Whew.  I'm really wishing the weather was predicted to be warmer this weekend so that all of us could go outside and play.  But, we'll take what we can get until spring shows that it's here to stay. (Rhyming unintentional.  I swear.  I only noticed it as I was proofreading).

St. Joseph, Pray for Us! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the rhyme! Sounds like a WONDERFUL day. I wish spring would stick around as well.

    ReplyDelete