Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Humbled

I am so humbled.  I just checked our mail, a job which I had neglected the last couple of days.  And amidst the bills and Census forms and other envelopes, I found an envelope addressed to Drake and I which had no return address.  Intrigued, I opened it in the car and found 2 $10 Target gift cards along with a post-it note which stated simply, "Use this money toward that bookshelf!"

It took me a second to decode the note...maybe a few seconds.  And then it all made sense.  In a previous blog post about some money struggles (namely that I do not earn a pay check despite giving my family the greatest gift of my time and attention), I had mentioned that extra money could be used toward things we need and things we want, such as a kid-friendly bookshelf that I had been eye-ing at Target.

I am utterly blown away at the generosity of this person.  And since I do not know who you are, I do know that you're a blog reader, so please consider this my personal thank you note to you.  I am completely in awe of your thoughtfulness and kindness on my behalf.  It reminds me that there are truly good people in this world, people who so freely give of themselves.  This inspires me.  Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you...not only for your generous anonymous gift but also for the reminder I so desperately needed.  May God bless you one thousand times over for being ever so kind.

Love,
Lauren

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! God totally provides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I am happy to know that there are still lots of people like this in the world. Yesterday at the fabric store a lady was short a quarter so I gave her one. She acted like I just gave her a million dollars. Sometimes a little means so much.

    ReplyDelete