Thursday, March 25, 2010

Let the Children Come to Me

Lately I've been thinking more and more about how to incorporate prayer into my family's daily life, especially with regards to our children.  We try to attend daily Mass when we can.  We've recently been praying the Angelus at noon (or thereabouts), and part of our night time routine consists of singing a few Catholic hymns to Thomas before we lie him in his crib. 

I'm not sure if this is "enough."  I know that's vague, and that quantifying prayer is impossible (nor is it the goal), but I can't help but wonder what else we can be doing.  When Thomas wakes up in the morning, we go over to a crucifix and say "good morning" to Jesus, thanking Him for a restful sleep and new day to give Him glory.  And we say "good night" to Jesus as well.


What do you do with your children?  What does family prayer look like in your home?

1 comment:

  1. Love that you are already praying with Thomas. Each night with Maggie she says the Lord's Prayer and then we talk about what she wants to pray for and talk to God together. I really enjoy it. I love that she has the prayer memorized.

    ReplyDelete