Friday, June 25, 2010

dear drake

My dearest Drake,

Happy anniversary, love!  It's ridiculous to me all that you put up with when it comes to being married to me.  Between the quirks, pregnancy mood swings, slight OCD tendencies, and everything in between, I am so keenly aware of your love for me each and every day, a love that is strong yet gentle, selfless, self-sacrificing, and inspiring on every level imaginable.  When I think back to this day

as we approached the holy altar together, my eyes well up with tears of great, great joy.  Minutes later, we would be wed, committing ourselves completely to one another, clinging to our Lord and to each other in the days ahead.  What a supreme honor to be your bride.  We had a little bit of fun, too, eh?






And now we find ourselves two years later - two ridiculously busy, life-changing, beautiful years later. An eventful Costa Rica honeymoon, conceiving our first child that same week, one semester of Masters classes for me, weeks of bed rest with a move interspersed, the birth of our beautiful Thomas Michael, determining how to make our firm decision for you to be the bread-winner and me to stay home with our children work with one income, grad school discernment/applications/interviews, staring joyfully at a positive pregnancy test weeks before our firstborn's first birthday, a doctoral school decision, and all the decision-making that has filled the last few months.

But you know, I wouldn't trade this for anything that the world has to offer...because I've been able to experience it all with you by my side.

With you, the world seems a little more forgiving, life makes a little more sense, and holiness seems more within our reach.  You brighten my days, comfort my nights, and leave me always in awe of the man that you are.  Your presence, your touch, your kiss are constant reminders of the love God has for me...and one way I know He loves me is through your gentle and constant embrace.

I love you, Drake - truly, fully, and forever.

Yours,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment