Saturday, June 12, 2010

a (delightful) day trip

We (and by "we" I mean my family, of course) had quite the successful day-trip up to the suburbs today, making it safely there and back.

First stop was JoAnn Fabrics where I stocked up on fabrics for nursing covers that I hope to sell via a little online business.  I'm trying to use time now to make some baby items (nursing covers, burp cloths, and hoodie towels specifically...hopefully in coordinating colors so people can mix and match them).  I'm hoping to open the shop a month or two after Baby #2 arrives.  Oh, and with several coupons and my mom's employee discount, I saved nearly $75 on fabric.  It. Was. Wonderful.

Oh, and speaking of Baby #2, we're not divulging the name this time.  I found it a bit stressful last time hearing name opinions from so many when we were on the fence about our firstborn's name, so you'll just have to wait until the Fall.  Sorry.

After amazing JoAnn savings, we had another delightful stop - Portillo's.  If you're from the northern suburbs, I need say no more about the gloriousness that is Portillo's dining.  And if you've never had it, please add it to your bucket list.  You'll be so happy that you did.

Our third stop was a duplex in Lombard that we'd been eying on Craig's List.  And, my friends, we think this is quite possibly "the" new place, for the next few years or so, that is.  A garage, yard, full basement, washer/dryer, driveway all give it a very home-like feel.  It's a two-bedroom in our price range, and the landlords could not have been any nicer.  They're even okay with us not moving in until August.  We're sending in our application on Monday as we continue to pray that God would make it clear to us if this is not the place for us.  It's the first place we've looked at that both Drake and I could picture ourselves living in...and it's actually less than 10 minutes from some dear friends, including the only other young Catholic mom I know in the suburbs.  Plus, it's a less than 30 minute drive from the grandparents and close to several other family members.  So we are very hopeful about this place!

5 comments:

  1. I will be praying that this is your new place, and if it is not, that God will make it clear to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went so well yesterday!! :) We're still praying for you four! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We are praying for you all! And I might be jealous that you were able to enjoy a Portillo's meal. I LOVE that place....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting SUPER excited! I admit when I found out I was jumping and claping like a little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurencita! That's so exciting that you may have found "the" place. :) I'm so sorry that we weren't able to meet up in the suburbs this past weekend, but hopefully we'll be able to get together later on this summer when I'm back again! I miss you so much, seriously.

    Sending lots and lots of love your way,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete