Tuesday, April 27, 2010

baby update

At 15 weeks along today, I, thanks be to God, am feeling great.  I finally have my energy back and am not counting down the hours until my next nap opportunity.  In fact, I've been extremely motivated lately to work on projects around our home, cook, bake, and be productive.  We'll see how long this lasts!

We had an ultrasound and appointment today just to monitor the goings-on in the womb, and the midwife was quite happy with what she saw.  Some of the issues present in our last pregnancy do not seem to be an issue at all right now.  I will start receiving weekly progesterone injections in two weeks with the possibility that Drake might be able to administer them at home so that I do not have to go to the OB office every week (that would be some serious spousal love).  The purpose of the progesterone is to strengthen my lining to help prevent premature labor this time around, and I'm really praying now that our insurance will authorize this.  In any case, Drake and I are confident that our Lord will provide for our needs, whether physical, financial, or otherwise.  

In five weeks, we're scheduled for our ultrasound that determines the baby's sex.  And if it's a boy, we're going to need the remaining 20 weeks to agree on a name!

1 comment:

  1. My neighbor has to get progesterone shots throughout her pregnancy, and if we're blessed with a pregnancy, I will also. I was also worried aout the cost ,but she said the shots only cost her $20 or $30 a month without insurance. I hope that puts your mind at ease!! I'm glad you're still feeling good!! :)

    And don't worry about the baby being a boy, because it's a girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete