Wednesday, April 14, 2010

if only

Most days I find myself wishing I were supermom...you know exactly what I'm talking about.  The mom who makes all her childrens' clothes, has a hot meal ready for when her husband comes home, bakes all homemade snacks, volunteers at Church, exercises, finds time to shower (daily, in fact), has a spotless house (maybe except for some toys strewn about the floor), makes her own household cleaners, saves the family hundreds of dollars in groceries each month thanks to endless coupon-clipping and deals, is on top of emails and phone calls, spends at least 30 minutes in mental prayer, updates her blog daily, is seldom late to play dates, looks great no matter how much sleep she got the previous night, and still finds time to host dinner parties and spend quality time with her children and husband.

Yep, that's the mom I so often dream about being.  And then I'm brought back to the reality of my messy apartment, dirty dishes, dirtier bathroom, overcooked dinner, and dusty sewing machine as a result of getting very little use despite my best intentions.  I'm reminded of the ever-growing to-do list, the errands still awaiting my attention, and the laundry waiting to be folded and put away.

But you know, it leaves me room to grow...and I'm thankful for that (while simultaneously frustrated in my prideful ambitions).

Thank you, Lord, for the humility that abounds!

2 comments:

  1. I so long to be that mom as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's be honest, we all think we want to be Supermom, but in reality anytime we meet a woman like that, we hate the bitch.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete